Celebrating 20 years of service to the people of Acadiana on February 25, 2019, as a faith-based, non-profit agency. We are a faith-based agency whose mission is to strengthen and support individuals, marriages, and families in Acadiana through professional Christian counseling, enrichment seminars, and the development and distribution of educational materials.
Our mission has been strengthening and supporting individuals, marriages and families. We employ the most effective therapy and methodology available. We employ cutting edge therapeutic techniques and technology and yet maintain a personal touch. When you call you can talk to a person. We are available, easily accessible and will call you back right away. We strive toward excellence in everything we do, including living out and practicing what we teach and preach. We meet people where they are. We never push faith or our own beliefs on anyone.
Three of us have 35+ years of counseling experience and the other two about 20 years. Each person has built their own good reputations and are know well within the community. We have been serving our community and SW Louisiana (called “Acadiana”) since 1990.
Choosing the Right Counselor
There are many important factors to consider when choosing a counselor. These include the counselor’s areas of expertise, level of experience, gender, availability, schedule, and fee, along with recommendations received from others and your personal preferences. Before making your selection, we highly recommend, in addition to reading through the counselor bios included here, that you call our office and speak to one of our secretaries who know all of our counselors very well and let them help you to determine which one might be able to best meet your needs.
Length and Frequency of Sessions
Usually, one-hour sessions are scheduled, which will include 50 minutes of actual counselor-client time and allow for 10 minutes of counselor preparation and charting. Any additional time that may be needed or requested will be charged according to the counselor’s hourly rate and assessed prior to or after your session. If you do not want to be charged for more than a one-hour session or would like to schedule shorter or longer times please let your counselor know. (Note: the 10-minute counselor preparation and charting time will similarly be deducted from these shorter or longer sessions.) The length and frequency depend on your individual needs and circumstances and should be negotiated with your counselor. Also, please be aware that counselors reserve the right to charge for phone time, letter writing, and out-of-office appearances.
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners
- Louisiana Counseling Association
- State of Louisiana Addictive Disorders, Regulatory Commission
- International Board of Christian Care
- Evangelical Church Alliance
- Diocese of Lafayette
- National Association of Permanent Diaconate
Professional Christian Counseling:
- Over 12,015 families served and helped through 77,011 counseling sessions
- Granted $1,068,005 in counseling fee discounts to clients needing financial assistance
- Trained and helped to develop thirteen professional Christian counselors, including Dudley Bienvenu, Cheryl Evans, Mike Crain, Carol Pierce, Mary Langford, Missy Manuel, Mark D’Anouy, Kristy Suire, Jere Miles, Charlotte Bienvenu, Patrick Bowman, Melissa Bowen, and Alan Zaunbrecher
- Conducted 54 counselor-training workshops for 1,300 professional counselors, pastors, and lay ministers throughout the state and region
- Over 500 free public seminars and events presented to nearly 50,000 participants
- Conducted over 650 Bible studies and small groups for an estimated 1,500 people
- Co-produced 150 Straight Talk 30-min live radio broadcasts with Wendy Christian on 90.9 KPEL for 2½ years reaching thousands of listeners
- Facilitated many “Inner Healing” small groups and trained leaders who have spread this ministry across the state, positively impacting hundreds of individuals and many churches
- Every year, thousands of dollars of Christian-based educational materials are given away and lent out to hundreds of clients, seminar participants, and the general public
- Published 4 books, 6 DVD small group studies, and over 200 hours of audio messages that have touched and reached many thousands of people
- BCS is not allied with, nor does it endorse any church or denomination, providing services to people seeking help regardless of their background, race, or religious belief.
Sharing the Good News:
- We have seen 2,392 people respond to the Gospel in counseling sessions, at public seminars, or through one our special events by praying a simple prayer that included repentance and placing their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord